Location: Glendale, AZ
Start Date: 07/23/2016
Our Mission: Pensar Academy exists to develop middle school students with the essential skills to be successful in the 21st century. The essential skills are creativity, collaboration, critical thinking, and communication.
Our culture: We love coming to work each day. Teaching is viewed as a lifestyle, not a job. We are those people grabbing brochures on vacation, collecting job applications at a fast food restaurant, or snapping pics at the CSI museum in Vegas, because “hey, that would make a great lesson.” We believe in saying what we are going to do, outlining how we are going to do it, and demonstrating how we got it done. Teaching is part science, part art, and part tradecraft. Our campus has an energized and positive feel to it and we are very serious about it. If this resonates with you, please continue reading below.
- Comprehensive benefits package.
- Small class sizes.
- Paid personal leave days.
- Individualized professional development.
- Set pacing guides and curriculum calendar.
- Required Qualifications:
- Baccalaureate Degree from an accredited academic institution.
- Current Fingerprint Card issued by the Arizona Department of Public Safety. (Pursuant to A.R.S. 15-183.C.5).
- Valid Arizona Teaching Certificate.
- A perpetual growth mindset and ability to collaborate with colleagues.
- Master’s Degree or higher from an accredited academic institution.
- Prior experience/background in Physical Education.
- Bilingual language skills.
- Possess Highly Qualified (HQ) endorsement by the Arizona Department of Education in multiple subject areas.
- Plays chess or is open to learning how to play chess.
- Possesses basic technology skills.
To apply send resume and cover letter to Gerry Garcia at email@example.com